Thursday, July 8, 2010

Training in the Rain

I couldn’t sleep after Germany went down 1-nil to Spain and decided to go for a quick training ride. The weather was holding when I left at 5am but it soon started pour as I neared Woodlands. Unfortunately, the roads got even more wet as the rain became heavier. I was soaked and cold when I turned into Dunearn Road. I decided against a longer ride to Mount Faber. A hot bowl of fishball noodles at Chong Pang was distinctively appealing as I pedaled on, the spray from the wheels getting into my eyes.

After breakfast at Chong Pang (7am), I returned home, washed up and fell into the comfort of my bed by 8.30am. When consciousness crept back into my mind, my ears detecting a familiar ringtone from my phone, I realized it was already 3.15pm. I heated lunch up.

The weather was clear in the evening and I went for a 7km run. Amazingly, the skies made a fool out of me as it started to drizzle when as I stepped out of my block. Nonetheless, I went ahead with the run. By the time I was halfway through, the sun came out again and it became pretty warm. I finished off the run with the usual IPPT work-out. Sometimes I wonder if there’s enough justification for me to train up to twice daily in the rain.

  1. 6 July 2010 – TKD
  2. 7 July 2010 – Stairs Run (8 x 12 floors)
  3. 8 July 2010 – Sembawang Circuit 7km run

Total distance: 44.6km
Money spent: $2.50
Participants: LSH

No comments: