Monday, December 8, 2008

Bike Scouting

I met up with Zi Kai and Alfred at 12.45p.m at Yishun MRT and we proceeded for lunch at Chong Pang City. After a decent meal, we took a bus to Rodalink at Upper Thomson Road, intending to check out the Polygon Cozmic CX1.0 which was supposedly on offer. Sadly, the bike was out of stock at all outlets and might not be due until next year. The staff offered us several other options among which a $387 Polygon Xtrada seemed reasonable enough.

We left for Bikelink but it was closed. Alfred went home while Zi Kai and I checked out Orane Concept. The new Raleigh models were in but they were not exactly cheap. However I ended up buying the Topeak Survival Gear Box for $36 (up $40) as an insurance for my impending expedition. I had just wanted to purchase a chain tool but it cost $25, hence I decided to settle for a set. I hope the tools live up to their name.



Topeak Survival Gear Box: mine is the 2007 version (3rd pic)


Recently purchased MET Crackerjack (left) that did not live up to expectations on the Bintan trip as compared to the solid Prowell F-38 Lightning II (right)


Topeak RedLite (left) and Louis Garneau Rex gloves (right)


Polygon Xtrada on sale for $387

No comments: