Saturday, January 3, 2009

1st Off-road Ride of 2009 =)

It was already 3pm when I hung my washed shoes out to dry. After 2.5hrs, I finally completed the routine bike maintenance and washed my helmet, gloves, pouch and shoes. It was a muddy day but the first off-road ride of 2009 had felt good.

Ben and I had cycled T-15, a lap around Bukit Timah and back to T-15. The ride was concluded with a meal at the zoo's KFC where we also met up with Ben's friends. We left for Woodlands via Mandai Road and I split from the rest at Marsiling MRT while they headed for Woodgrove.

All in all, it had been a pretty fun outing. I went quite fast on certain sections and even managed to recover from a front wheel skid and breakneck speed. It was luck =) The downhill sections were exhilarating, as usual, not to mention slippery but this time round, I selected the "proven safe" paths and didn't encounter much of a problem.

For some of the trickier uphill sections, I tried different paths, with mixed results. For example, no matter how many times I tried to get up the incline at the entrance of the B.T. trail by the left side, I failed. I always remember the line I take at the different "obstacles" so that I can try a different approach the next time round. I shall keep trying....but for the entrance to B.T, it will be the right, most "play-safe" line up the next time =)

Total distance: 30km (off-road), 29km (on-road)
Money spent: $3.30
Participants: LSH, Ben

No comments: