Sunday, January 18, 2009

Mount Faber Ride (18 Jan 2009)

Another ride around Singapore =)

After passing through Hougang, I headed to the Marina Barrage via the East Coast Park. Sadly, the connector was still not fully completed and after attempting to cross through a construction site (I sank into the mud), I had no choice but to give up. Also, Gordon had reached the Esplanade and I raced down, overtaking two Duck-tour amphibious vehicles in the process.

We scaled Mount Faber, chilled around before a descend. I concentrated my braking power on the front brakes and spun through each turn smoothly =) Hopefully, that was a record time down the "treacherous" Mount Faber.

After treating myself to sinful Char Kway Teow at Seah Im Food Centre, we refilled our water supply at Harbourfront Centre before heading for Boon Lay via the West Coast Highway. Lim Chu Kang was just crazy, with headwinds of up to 40km/h. I was so relieved to reach the Neo Tiew area. We spent some time at the new Kranji Farm Resort which had a zi-char restaurant and other "holiday resort" kind of stalls. The seafood, especially the grouper and crabs, were very big. The groupers weighed more than 30kg each. What a fish.

We split at the junction of Kranji Road. Gordon headed home via Mandai while I took one and only route home.

Total distance: 90km
Money spent: $3
Participants: LSH, Gordon

No comments: