Sunday, April 12, 2009

Saturday Night BBQ

We were going to have a BBQ on Saturday night as Bro will be enlisting on Monday. Someone had to get 50 sticks of satay, the gravy, the ketupat and 60 sticks of otah from BBQ House at Ubi Ave 2. Of course, the task was assigned to me and in order to meet the "target" time, I selected the NRWC Polygon hybrid.

It took me an hour to get down to Ubi, another hour to get all the stuff and slightly more than an hour to get home. I was almost dehydrated by the time I got home as forgetful me did not bring a bottle of water along. I was already slightly dehydrated from Friday's ride and the scotching heat of the mid-day sun made matters worse. At around 23 cents per stick of fish otah / chicken satay, it wasn't too bad a deal but the weight nearly killed me. I couldn't help but recall the experience of cycling uphill with two haversacks during the December expedition to KL.

After a cup of grass jelly (I had no choice but to grab a drink else I wouldn't have made it home), I set off and arrived back home at 1pm.

The rest of the day was spent in preparation of the BBQ (at Montreal Green). The weather refused to cooperate until around 6.30pm, hence we started late and ended around 11pm. I had a great time.

Total Distance: 49.6km
Money spent: $1

Participants: LSH

No comments: