Thursday, April 15, 2010

Tree Clearing @ Bukit Timah

Since Pan was going to be late, I dropped by the zoo but it was too early for it to be open. At least I got to see the sun rising above the Mandai reservoir and enjoyed a quiet atmosphere. I guess things didn’t really go well for Pan today. Soon after we started the trails slightly later, we found ourselves stranded with a broken chain. Unfortunately, none of us brought a chain-breaker and he had to take a cab home.

There were so many falling trees obstructing the the trails today, both in Track 15 and in Bukit Timah. I decided to cycle 2 laps but when I was back at the Visitor Centre entrance after 1.5 laps, I encountered this:

15042010

Hobson’s choice, I took the road home from Bukit Timah (18.6km). The sun was scathing as I made my way back and washing the caked mud off my bike wasn’t that pleasurable an experience.

Total distance: 14km (off-road); 32.1km (on-road)
Money spent: $0
Participants: LSH, Pan

No comments: