Sunday, April 18, 2010

Weary

The lack of sleep over the past few days is taking its toll on me. I tried to revise as much as I could but so far, I have not done any better than 2 chapters of Organizational Behavior every day, which is slow by all accounts, since I have barely started revising for Malay and totally left Statistics untouched.

I struggled to wake up in the wee hours for the past few days, grab a bite, pull on my jersey and roll my bike out for a spin. Or rather, some taxing action. 2 laps of Bukit Timah gave me some reprieve from all the revision but my thoughts were not really on the trail as much as I tried to enjoy myself. Most of the time I was wondering if I could get my revision done in time.

I just felt like quickly getting over the 2 laps and heading home but my muscles were protesting as I cruised over the bumps. On the climbs today, I seemed to lack my usual strength, perhaps a sign of accumulated weariness. Even the journey back home felt longer than ever.

My wandering thoughts nearly got me into trouble when I failed to notice I was climbing too close to the edge of the single-track. A branch caught my wide bars, jamming my front brakes and I nearly went over. Nonetheless, I would rather be out riding than studying!

It’s less than 3 weeks to the Penang expedition but we have problems with leave applications, last minute events cropping up, etc… I really pray that all goes fine and the expedition can roll, be it a couple of days late.

Total distance: 23km (off-road); 23.3km (on-road)
Money spent: $0
Participants: LSH

No comments: