Friday, May 7, 2010

Ip Man 2, Bike Servicing and XLB Buffet

5 May 2010. I was glad when the invigilator announced that the time was up. The last paper of the Semester was finally over. Lunch was at Pizza Hut with ZK, Deborah, HY, Kezia and her friends. When I got home, it was close to 4pm and not long after, I left home to meet Dad and Bro at Woodlands.

It was near 6pm when we finally left for the Causeway but the crossing was relatively smooth. We bought the necessary stuff, had dinner and caught the 7.10pm screening of Ip Man 2. It was a great movie – I would give it 5 stars for the action scenes. We got home pretty late but I had to stay up to plot maps for our expedition up North.

6 May 2010. The next morning, I left home at 9.30am for Yishun MRT (to pass stuff to Pan) before heading down to Thomson Plaza where Terence and Jasper were waiting. The three of us went down to Hup Leong where I got my bike serviced and Terence got his brake/gear cables changed. He’s definitely a happy man now with the XT cables (XTR housing) providing responsive shifting. We also bought two bike tool kits.

We had lunch at the Chinatown Complex hawker centre, myself patronizing from my favourite seafood soup and fruit juice stalls. When I got home, I did some quick tweaking (the chain was skipping under heavy pressure) before I had to leave to meet my classmates for dinner. We went to Crystal Jade at Holland Village for their XLB buffet. The steamboat was okay; it was the XLB that stood out. Later, we headed for Vivocity and chilled at Ben & Jerry. It was a great night out.

It was late when I got home last night but I had to check the bikes and settle some miscellaneous stuff. I still have quite a bit to settle today!

Total distance: 49.2km
Money spent: $4.50
Participants: LSH, Terence, Jasper

No comments: