Sunday, October 18, 2009

A Hell of a Week

The database project took up most of my time this week and I am glad most of the accounting project has been completed three days before it’s due. Unfortunately, I have not done my tutorials for this week so I have a lot of catching up to do!

I only cycled twice to school this week. Injury prone me took a couple of knocks during TKD training on Tuesday and that lay me off for the next couple of days. I am getting quite used to the limping and pain week after week. =( By Friday, I was back on my bike but my leg felt real funny when I cycled. Somehow, there was this nagging pain and it subsequently went to my knee.

I spent the whole Saturday with Dad, Bro and Phebe in JB. We met at 9am at Woodlands but we took more than 3 hours to clear the jam which started even before the Woodlands checkpoint.

Lunch was at Restoran Black Canyon (Tebrau City, Desa Tebrau) and I think it is worth mentioning as the service was excellent. The staff actually recognized me when I walked past the restaurant – I was surprised when he asked how I was doing. Not that I didn’t recognize him, I had to turn down his promotions for the past few times I was at Tebrau City! =P This time though, we patronized the restaurant and the food was good. I felt their service set them apart from the neighbouring restaurants we had patronized in the past and it left a really good impression on me.

After shopping at Tebrau City and subsequently Tesco, we headed for Taman Sentosa for dinner. The “pasar raya” there didn’t garner much of our interest so we had dinner at one of the supposedly famed seafood restaurants. The price was reasonable but service totally a turn-off as compared to our experience at lunch.

City Square was our last stop and as usual, we bought bread from Mum’s favourite bakery. I visited Optik Vision – their good service has ensured my continued patronage thus far. Sometimes I really wonder why our neighbours fare so much better in terms of customer service. Singapore really needs to work hard in this area!

Total distance for the week: 112km

No comments: