Sunday, October 11, 2009

The Hills

I found myself at the peak of Kent Ridge Hill and subsequently that of Mount Faber a few hours ago. The night was cool and definitely silent up in the hills, despite the significant human presence. Most were couples lost in their own world anyway and I was probably the noisiest person around when my cleats grinded the ground.

Orchard was definitely a contrast and I was not totally surprised to see the long queue outside the Selegie Road bean curd stall. Cycling through Little India was another experience. Orchard was lit up with incredibly bright white lights (it felt almost like F1) whereas Little India felt traditional – nicely prepped for Deepavali with a whole range of decorative lights lining the road. We had our snacks at the bean curd stall along Balestier Road; then headed for home.

Total distance: 68.8km
Money spent: $1.80
Participants: LSH, Dad

No comments: