Thursday, October 1, 2009

Wanton Noodles @ Hougang Street 21

Bro’s craving brought us to our childhood haunt – the wanton mee stall at Hougang Street 21. There were so many familiar faces around – most of the vendors were there when I was not even in primary school yet; they are still there more than 14 years on.

Business at the wanton mee stall was as brisk as ever. I think we waited a good 30 minutes for our food. But it was as good as ever, though the price has crept up slowly over the years from $2 to the current $2.50. We also had mee rebus (similarly priced) and I thought it was among the more decent ones I have had.

0110200901102009_001

The nicest surprise was from the familiar couple who sold soya bean drinks. At $0.30 per cup of grass jelly drink, I believe I have found one of Singapore’s cheapest stalls. Not to mention that they have been serving quality drinks for the past decade!

After lunch, we continued our ride to Ang Mo Kio where we visited Elken before heading home.

Total distance: 38.1km
Money spent: $8.10 (2 pax)
Participants: LSH, Bro

No comments: