Friday, October 9, 2009

A Tiring Week

This week took off literally with a “stressful” start. I thought things would get better after the FM test but I found myself readily occupied with heaps of work and approaching datelines. The announcement of the Accounting 1 quiz to be conducted online over the weekend didn’t exactly lift my spirits. =P

Tuesday’s TKD training was tiring, more tiring than I care to admit. Kicking non-stop for close to 150 repetitions wasn’t exactly rejuvenating and I found myself struggling to breathe. My legs were getting heavier at each repetition and my muscle fatigue was definitely at a all-time high – not since the KL – Singapore expedition last year have I experienced such fatigue that totally discouraged me from further physical activities for the next couple of days.

I was disappointed that a thunderstorm swept through Sembawang on Thursday, totally grounding my chances of cycling to school. I grabbed the opportunity to do so this morning despite my still aching muscles but all went well. I got into a close shave with an impatient lorry driver but then again, it’s just another common occurrence in the life of a cyclist. I met a Caucasian on his road bike as I entered NTU – I have seen him around before – and I guess from his age that he may be a lecturer. It’s good to see others actively cycling to work. =)

I hope the weekend turns out great, though I have quite a bit of work to clear! I find our coach’s motivational talks quite inspiring. When you are faced with adversity, dare to push your limits. Tell yourself you are the best and you can do it!

Total distance: 57km
Money spent: $2
Participants: LSH

No comments: