Saturday, June 12, 2010

A Couple of Crashes

Today wasn’t really my day. I felt very tired last night and the unwanted fatigue was still lingering around when I dragged myself out of bed. Running my rear tires in the reverse direction, I was hoping to get more traction out of the worn Nevegals but the response became unpredictable on muddy terrain.

Obviously I learnt a lesson or two when the tires slipped without warning but the biggest fall of the day was partly attributed to my rear brakes which had been out of order for nearly a month. I was descending slightly too quickly for the front brakes to slow me down effectively and my front wheel caught a rock, the movement sweeping the front wheel from under me. I skidded down the rocks and a tree trunk halted my progression, at the expense of my shoulder.

Total distance: 23km (off-road), 20.6km (on-road)
Money spent: $0
Participants: LSH, Eric, Frankie, Shirley

No comments: