Tuesday, June 22, 2010

New Gear!

We had dinner at Sakura yesterday (in-lieu of the special occasions last week). I ate so much that I felt like puking but thankfully, we had a long walk to the Woodlands Waterfront which overlooked the Causeway and Johor. The space-net was just so tempting and I expanded significant energy trying to relive my childhood, which was great because I felt less bloated thereafter (the food had begun to digest).

Alrasvee informed me that my orders from CRC had arrived and many thanks to him, I could collect the new gear last night!

  • Thor Phase S9 Gloves ($23)
  • Schwalbe Black Jack Tyre, 26 x 2.1 Wire ($23)
  • Cyclo Glass Nylon Reinforced Tyre Levers ($3.80)
  • 2 x Clarks MTB Gear Cable Inner ($5.80)

It was past midnight when I had reached home and washed up but that did not deter me from fixing my flat front tire. Patching did not work because the slit was too big, hence I wasted much time but gained some experience, and finally replaced the damaged inner tube with a brand new one.

Reveille was 0430hrs and I grabbed a quick bite. I wasn’t that hungry after last night’s dinner! My first stop was Changi Village where I intended to have zui gui but unfortunately, the stall was not yet open. I had to settle for nasi lemak. My rear was flat and after breakfast, I put in a new tube. Then it was Changi Coastal Road and finally East Coast Park. I took a break at Bedok Jetty before making my way home.

22062010_00222062010_003

The clouds overhead were ominous looking when I hit Thomson but the skies only opened up when I neared Nee Soon Camp. By the time I passed Chong Pang, I was soaked. The Thor gloves were slightly too warm to wear even in the morning but in the downpour, it was a surprisingly good insulator.

22062010_00722062010_008

My rear gear cable was acting up again and I had to spend at least a couple of hours maintaining it. The bike should be good to go!

Total distance: 80.4km
Money spent: $2.50
Participants: LSH

No comments: