Saturday, June 5, 2010

The Rest Period

I was down with flu after Vesak Day and spent three days resting. On Tuesday, which fell on the first of June, I got myself back on my bike and managed to pedal 2 laps of Bukit Timah. I wasn’t all recovered though but it was good enough.

I ran 21km on Wednesday. It was just another lazy afternoon but I managed to drag myself out (with Dad along) for a long run. Once again, my respiratory capability seemed restricted but a rest on Thursday aided in my recovery.

Pushing myself on a half-island at 5.30am on Friday morning, I managed to clock 66.3km in about 3 hours or slightly less. I took no breaks, just traffic stops along the way. Considering the climbs along Clementi Road, Mount Faber and Thomson, it was not surprising my already sore muscles felt worse.

0506201005062010_001

Mountain biking this morning was great. Never mind my tired muscles. The pace was comfortable and I really enjoyed the ride with Jeremy and Pan’s bosses.

  1. 1 June 2010 – T15 / BT (2 laps) – 23km (off-road); 20.6km (on-road)
  2. 4 June 2010 – Half-island – 66.3km
  3. 5 June 2010 – T15 / BT / BF – 21.5km (off-road); 20.6km (on-road)

No comments: