Monday, June 21, 2010

IPPT & The Trails

I was glad to get my IPPT gold back during my ICT last week. I clocked 8:56 for the 2.4km run, possibly the fastest I have achieved on that particular running route. Tired from the hustle and bustle of the week, I decided to rest on Saturday and only hit the trails on Sunday. We did the Mandai trails and Bukit Timah last (at a leisure pace), before heading home feeling very satisfied.

I spent the rest of the afternoon resolving drive-train issues – my existing DuraAce/XTR chain was worn and one of the pulley wheels on my RD had a bent tooth. In the end, I swapped the chain for a lesser-utilized Deore LX one from my commuting hybrid and forcefully bent back the misaligned tooth. The “new” chain still skipped under intense pressure (probably due to bent cogs of my cassette) but it was generally roadworthy. I managed to test the bike for 16km today when I went out to get spare tubes ($5 each) from the LBS. Orane Concept had no stock so it was down to BikeLink.

  1. 17 June 2010 – Camp (return) – 25km [P]
  2. 19 June 2010 – T15 / BF / BT – 21.5km (off-road); 20.6km (on-road)
  3. 21 June 2010 – LBS – 16km

No comments: