Saturday, September 20, 2008

Dreaming

I tend to daydream when I ride. My mind wanders off and I will soon be in my own world of fantasy. It is an awfully good way to relax and de-stress. There are occasions when I embark on my ride to nowhere. Sick, tired, troubled or angered, riding alone provides me some time away from the pressures of the real world to reflect and recover.

Hitting the trails is one good way to get a load off your mind. You will be too preoccupied and thrilled with the down slopes and switchbacks to think about anything else. On the steep climbs, you will be struggling to keep the bike on course and too busy with the lung-bursting experience to even give your woes a thought. Finishing the course will be a great pleasure. In your mundane life filled with failures, you feel a sense of achievement. It will take you a long way and you come back to mountain biking, yearning for more.

No comments: