Thursday, September 11, 2008

It is pouring rocks...

September 11. What a day. It may have gone down in 2001 as the day the most successful terrorist attacks on the USA ever took place but there are certainly other stuff worth mentioning on this day.

I must wish my cousin a Happy Birthday and finish this entry off so that I can get some precious rest. We had a seminar today and guess what, the topic was on terrorism. Well done, it certainly sparked an interest which had diminished somewhat. I will hate to see the world fall into the hands of some lunatics.

My ride home is worth mentioning. Across the Seletar Dam, conditions were gusty and I felt large particles hitting my face! At first I thought it was a one-off event but the pounding continued until I got across the dam. I wished I had a pair of clear protective glasses as it was getting too dark to use my shades. I really wonder what had caused the turbulence.

Another interesting thing to note: I touched my wallet for the first time this week! Not literally of course. Other than treating a subordinate to a drink to encourage his contributions to the office, I have not spent a single cent! That's something I like about the army. Food and accommodation is provided. I am going to miss this privilege when I leave the force in exactly 2 months' time =(

You must be wondering how I am lucky enough to get free transportation to camp daily. Answer: Bus number 11 combined with a 2 wheeler =) I have accumulated $20 of savings just by biking to camp daily this week. Needless to say, I get to experiment the optimal rate of traveling without sweat: Riding at a pace to attain an equilibrium whereby the wind generated is enough to cool a rapidly heating body. i have not succeeded so far =)

No comments: