Friday, May 1, 2009

1st of May

It is the first of May and I am out of a job. After all the hustle and bustle of the last few weeks, I found myself strangely reluctant to have nothing at hand to do. As I wrote the last few farewell emails, read a couple of incoming replies and powered down the computer for the last time at what used to be my work terminal until a few hours ago, it felt uncannily similar to that morning on 11 Nov 08 when I left 39 SCE for good.

I have worked at a few companies in the past and I have always left with optimism and perhaps, relief. Leaving the SAF and now, GIC, was much harder. It is only when you leave that you fully treasure the great times spent with your colleagues, the memorable occasions; and you secretly wish your time there could have been longer.

It had been a great experience working at GIC. The physical environment was outstanding but colleagues made the biggest differences. I am very fortunate to have had such wonderful colleagues. I know people are waiting and want to hear this: I will miss Corp Comms and all the friends I have made there.

I am feeling a bit downcast today (and I am still not sure of the exact reason =P) I hope to get my bike out tonight; it's time to focus on the big challenge next week.

No comments: