Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Ride of Silence

It was a wise decision to take the Jamis as we had to rush down. I think the turn-out was greater than expected. I did not manage to see our Minister for Community Development and Sports although I heard he was taking part in the ride. The situation was one of organized chaos. But it was great, things were moving.


Daniel and I (left); our Merlion overlooking all (right)

The ride itself was okay, rather smooth. But we didn't really manage to maintain the silence. Some of the motorists on the road exhibited their typical rude behaviour. Nothing new. But I thank those who had the patience and understood the woes of a cyclist. We lost the guys on their MTBs and fixies in the later stage of the ride after a few climbs. While the other roadies set off for the finish, Daniel, myself and the team leader waited and waited for the stragglers. Still seeing none in sight, we finally set off for the end point.

At Merlion Park, we broke off and left for home. I turned into Balestier Road and took Lentor Ave home while Daniel probably blasted down Upper Serangoon Road.

Till our next ride.

Route taken: To Merlion Park, ROS, from Merlion Park
Total distance: 66.9km
Money spent: $0
Participants: LSH, Daniel

No comments: