Thursday, September 3, 2009

Burn-out?

I really hope not.

I have stepped up my flexibility training, resulting in sore and tight muscles these days. I guess that was the main cause of the sudden "pull" I experienced today. It was definitely the worse cramp I have suffered on a sport so far, the first in cycling and hopefully the last. The guys were going real fast and I had to pull out because I couldn't keep up with them anymore.

At that instant when my leg went numb with pain, I thought I was in deep trouble. I couldn't feel anything on the left, hence I took my leg off and coasted to a halt. Home was at least a good 40km away.

Fortunately, the pain was not too bad when I eased the pressure off my left leg and concentrated more power on the right. I maintained cadence and rode at light gears all the way home. Justin was kind enough to see me through all the way to Brickland Road before he headed back to school. Thanks bro!

I reached home at 10pm, approximately 4hrs after I left home for school.

Total distance: 81.1km
Money spent: $0
Participants: LSH, NTU Cycling Team

No comments: