Sunday, September 27, 2009

The Off-Roads and a Great Night Out

Pan and I hit Mandai Trail 15 at around 9.40am in the morning, did reverse Scorpion, and proceeded to Bukit Timah where we expected to meet the other guys from the NTU team. I felt lethargic today when I got on my bike and my muscles felt sore when I made my way to our usual meeting place.

The guys soon gathered at the trailhead at BT. The weather was very dry, even scathing hot but at least traction was sufficient enough for me not to slip on every climb. It was real fun to tackle BT again, especially with the guys. I fell once when I got caught on a heavy gear up the trickiest climb of the trail but I was glad to clear it on my second attempt. That part has always been a 50-50 for me.

26092009

I met up with Bryan, Zi Kai, Alfred, Kao Jun and Jiashun for dinner. Bryan will be leaving for Cambridge come Wednesday so all the best to him. Dinner was good, the LAN gaming was fairly amusing but the best part was in meeting up and chatting with them. As Zi Kai rightly pointed out when we split ways that it was back to reality, I suddenly felt that time has passed so quickly and many good things have become nothing but deeply etched memories. I look forward to meeting up with them again.  

Total distance: 30km (on-road), 15km (off-road)
Money spent: $0
Participants: LSH, Pan, NTU Cycling Team

No comments: