Saturday, January 23, 2010

Day Out on Pulau Ubin

I am thankful for the good weather. We really enjoyed ourselves and I think all of us will agree that the first real alumnus outing was a success.

We did a little mountain biking (I went for a round of the race route and nearly totaled my bike on several occasions as I was running 55psi), then explored the rest of the island, from Noordin Beach to Chek Jawa.

It was really great to catch up with them and for my friends who had not been to Ubin prior to this trip, I hope it was an eye-opener! Too bad the Ubin of today lacks its rustic charm of yesteryears. The authorities should stop further “development” of the island. I bet we will be see just another modern beach resort in a couple of years to come.

The interesting sight of the day were the wild boars we saw – one old and immense bulk of a guy in captivity and another roaming free and being fed by the locals. For once, the ugly wild boar was kind of cute when it munched up the apple greedily.

23012010_01623012010_018

It has been a real tiring day – one round of Ketam MTB Park at race pace drains me more than you can imagine – but I am really looking forward to our next outing!

Total distance: 66km (on-road), 20km (off-road)
Money Spent: $15.70
Participants: LSH, Fangying, Justin, Zhi Yang, Kah Hong

No comments: