Friday, January 1, 2010

Welcoming the New Year @ Kukup!

The weather was not very cooperative but nonetheless, it was a great ride. This was also the second time I brought my Jamis overseas for such a long ride and after 100km, the difference between a hard-tail and full-suspension system became painfully apparent. I am still not strong enough to maintain the relatively decent pace I could achieve on my hard-tail for 200km so it’s something I have to work towards.

Perhaps what makes overseas rides special is the courtesy displayed by our foreign friends. In the pouring rain, we were heading towards Pusat Bandaraya and had to filter a couple of lanes. We signaled and the driver of a black sports car slowed his vehicle patiently behind us as we made our lane switch. I gave him a thumbs-up and he beeped his horn as he pulled alongside us, returning a complimentary thumbs-up. Waving, I went my separate way, touched at how such a small act of kindness made my day. In fact, we encountered the same situation along almost every filter lane on the Lebuhraya =)

01012010_00801012010_037

Total distance: 180km approx.
Money spent: RM38~
Participants: LSH, Dad, En Joo, Jonathan, Johnny

No comments: