Saturday, November 8, 2008

City Spin (7 November 08)

Sembawang - Yio Chu Kang - Bishan (met up with Gordon) - Newton - Orchard (stopped to chill) - Bugis (stopped for "zui gui" and a sugar cane) - Upper Thomson (visited Rodalink to have Gordon's bike re-tuned) - Yishun (went our separate ways) - Sembawang

I did 2 stupid things today but got away with it.

1. At the temporary Bugis hawker centre, I attempted to bunny hop over a high curb on a short but steep incline. As my front wheel rolled up the incline, I lifted it and managed to place it high on the curb. Perfect. I expected the back wheel to follow. However, the clearance was too low and my crankset dug into the cemented curb, stranding the bike. Luckily the Truvavtiv 5D crankset lived up to its name for toughness. Other than a teenie weenie bent and a chip of coating falling off, it was fine =) Gordon said I was too ambitious =P I would say I misgauged.

2. We sped down Thomson Road. I was at my highest gear ratio. My phone rang and with some difficulty, I got it out of the pouch. I missed the call. Then it came again. "Good afternoon, the is Courts delivery...." With one hand on the handlebar, I attended to the call, maintaining my leg revolution and speed. Later, Gordon said we were travelling at 45km/h and I was using the phone. I better not push my luck too far...

Total distance: 45km
Money spent: $1.50
Participants: LSH, Gordon

No comments: