Sunday, November 30, 2008

Shopping or torture? (29 November 08)

It is super late now, in fact, I am still awake in the wee hours of 30 November 2008. Before I sleep, I shall just brief type out the 109km "shopping" route I took.

Sembawang - Woodlands Checkpoint (asked the exchange rate at the Sheng Siong money changer but they had run out of Korean currency) - Marsiling - Bukit Panjang - Bukit Timah - Queenstown - Queensway Shopping Centre (checked out several backpacks) - Alexandra - Harbourfront - Tiong Bahru Plaza (checked out an outdoor sports equipment store) - Chinatown (checked out the People's Park Complex but found nothing) - Lavender - Mountbatten - East Coast Park (met Bro and his group on the Adventure Race) - Changi Coastal - Loyang - Pasir Ris (looked up Mum at White Sands) - Old Tampines Road - Hougang - Sengkang - Seletar - Yishun - Sembawang.

It was also my first ride with the MET Crackerjack. It is light but I felt rather constricted. Perhaps the weather was just too hot. And by walking around with it dangling from my backpack, I may have incurred some surface dents. Haiz...

Judging from the distance covered today, if I can maintain this pace for 260km straight, reaching Malacca in one day is possible. However, I admit that I was getting a bit weary on the way back from Pasir Ris. I need greater willpower to accomplish this feat.

Total distance: 108.5km
Money spent: $4.50
Participants: LSH

No comments: