Saturday, November 22, 2008

Second visit to the Southern Ridges

Alfred called in the morning to ask if I was free. I happened to be and so was Zi Kai, hence we decided to visit the Southern Ridges. Both of them had not been there before. The first time I visited the area was in the middle of the night, hence the day experience might be different. Somehow, Alfred agreed to bike there after hearing how inaccessible Kent Ridge was by public transport =P

At noon, Alfred came over to my place and we set off around 12.20p.m. The weather was very hot but by 2p.m, we had reached the end of the 99 bends road where it met the West Coast Highway. Zi Kai was already there and we had some good duck rice. It was my second "lunch". At $3 a plate, it was a good deal. Apparently the stall was quite famous as all the tables were occupied.


A view from Kent Ridge (left), Zi Kai and Alfred doing something childish (right)

Regaining some energy, we climbed Kent Ridge to the Canopy Walk. It started to rain. Our (Zi Kai and I) combined bad luck to bring rain must have overpowered Alfred's good luck. However, the rain subsided and we continued the boardwalk down to Horte Gardens, across Alexandra Arch, Telok Blangah Hill and finally Mount Faber. Deciding to stop by at the food centre across from Harbourfront for sugar-cane juice, Zi Kai hitched a ride from me down Mount Faber. Double the momentum did not lead to double the speed though!

After a refreshing drink, we headed for Zi Kai's place. For the first time ever, my Navigator came in handy when we found ourselves unsure of the direction at Clementi Road. We got there quite quickly, chilled for a while before heading for home.


Reflections at Bukit Chandru (left), posing for the camera (right)

As dusk fell, it was time to switch on the lights. the weather cooled considerably and we sped home =) I am relieved to sit in front of the computer typing this entry and resting my legs. But at 7a.m. tomorrow, I will be embarking on my fourth ride in five days. Let's hope the roadies don't kill me with their crazy pace.


Henderson Waves (left) and a rainbow we spotted on the way home (right)

Total distance: 67.5km (bike), 5km (walk)
Money spent: $3
Participants: Alfred, LSH, Zi Kai

No comments: