Saturday, November 8, 2008

A leisure ride

I rode to Simpang Kiri then Sembawang Park today. It was meant to be a leisure ride but somehow, I couldn't help but put a little pressure on the roadie ahead of me. Catching up, I pulled off an overtaking manoeuvre calmly. The guy was shocked to see an MTB threatening his ego! I just suppressed an urge to smile and maintained my pace. He sped ahead, refusing to lose out to the "supposedly slower MTB". Relaxing, I just enjoyed the scenery and the wind as I kept the pressure behind him all the way to the end.

It was a good ride today. I went at a comfortable pace and stopped to just savour nature. Being a Saturday, the park connector was crowded but I didn't mind. People made the ride interesting anyway and tested my skills of "emergency braking". And there was eye candy too =)

I love my bike. It is almost close to two years since I bought it stock and modified it along the way. Averaging 7000km in mileage and counting, it has brought me to many places and taught me a lot. The knowledge of Singapore streets and the experience of navigating in Malaysia, or for that matter any other country, is priceless. The things I have experienced on my journeys, the encouraging smiles from passing motorists and the untouched nature of "ulu" places will always remain etched in my memories.

Total distance: 43km
Money spent: $0
Participants: LSH

No comments: