Sunday, March 8, 2009

NTU Bike Rally 09 Brief

I headed down to NTU today for the Bike Rally brief, with Dad in tow. We planned to look for Mum at The Heeren after the brief. I estimate we took about an hour and ten minutes to get to NTU, which means I may be able to do better if I cycle to school instead of taking the public transport.

I met up with Zi Kai, Alfred and Jin Kai; and we headed for the briefing room. The brief did not take very long and was rather simple. As usual, we tend to complain but we need to understand that the organising committee have to put in a lot of effort to organise such events. I am sure none of them would want to come back on a Sunday if possible hence we should show our appreciation.

We spent some time chatting after lunch before Dad and I left for Orchard Road. A mug of sugar cane juice at Seah Im was a much welcomed delight. The weather was terribly hot today. Thereafter, we continued to The Heeren, found Mum and hung around for a while before heading for home.

I felt today's ride was a bit harsh due to the tremendously hot sun sapping away our energy!

Total distance: 78.5km
Money spent: $3.10
Participants: LSH, Dad

No comments: