Sunday, March 15, 2009

NTU Bike Rally 2009

A tiring day no doubt, I can barely concentrate now. From 4.30am this morning to 8.15pm, I have been on my bike. It was a good ride, though bad weather added a slight twist to it.

I reached East Coast Park slightly after 5.30am this morning, about an hour's fast ride from home. The rest of the gang arrived shortly and we made preparations for the 128km ride. It was flagged off on time and the whole lot of cyclists moved off to the first checkpoint at Labrador Park. The second checkpoint was NTU, the third was Kranji Dam, fourth Yishun Stadium, fifth Serangoon Stadium, sixth Changi Beach Park and lastly East Coast Park.

I think the most eventful incident was Zi Kai leaving his bag behind! Haha...always out to torture me. By then, Alfred and his two friends were way ahead, hence after Kranji, I cycled with Yiyu and her friend Xiao Xuan (hope this not mis-spelt) when I lost sight of Zi Kai and Jin Kai.

At Khatib, the five of us set off together but halfway through Seletar, it rained heavily so Yiyu and her friend sought shelter. Apparently, all riders were supposed to find shelter at that point in time, but as THREE people had AGREED in UNISON, we decided to move on. I wonder who said "chiong ah" the loudest =P

The cold was almost unbearable. I was shivering, especially when we set off after a meal at the Kovan hawker centre. We managed to complete the full 128km, but not before a spectacular crash while drafting. Actually, it's my fault. A woman suddenly stopped in my path and stood rooted, forcing me to brake. Since Zi Kai and Jin Kai was no more than a wheel behind, it became a chain collision.

I felt that our drafting was very well executed. We were almost invincible, overtaking like free =P

After Yiyu and her friend pulled in at around 6.30pm, I left for my final 30km home =)

Total distance: 200km
Money spent: $3.30

Participants: LSH, Zi Kai, Jin Kai, Yiyu, Xiao Xuan, Alfred and his two friends

No comments: