Sunday, June 7, 2009

Off-roading + Rain = Fun

Looking back at my past entries, I realized that I have gone mountain biking on an average of two occasions a month. Spread that out among all the trails in Singapore and that is pretty low in terms of trail familiarity and experience. Bukit Timah is among the ones I most frequent but judgement of lines is not exactly my forte. I tend to make mistakes and they result in crashes.

Today's ride with the other three bikers (SMBF) to Bukit Timah via Track 15 was enjoyable. We did encounter two flats though, one from Jasper after we completed T15 and the other from Bernard when we were on our way back through T15.

Lawrence, having 7 years of MTB experience on Bukit Timah, could give us some pointers on clearing obstacles along the way. He was experienced enough to choose correct lines unlike me who tend to make careless mistakes. As a result, I had a couple of slips and my poor bike took the bane of poor judgement, incurring a couple of "scars" on the fork, RD and shifters.

On the way back, the skies poured and we sped down T15 at a rather reckless speed. Back in Woodlands, the wind was so strong that I had to lean towards the direction it was coming from to counter it! The rain was brilliantly heavy. It washed most of the mud off my bike =)

Total distance: 28km approx (off-road), 18.5km (on-road)

Money spent: $0
Participants: LSH, Jasper, Lawrence, Bernard

No comments: