Sunday, June 28, 2009

"Smileride's Backroads" Final Edition

It was a pleasure and privilege to cycle in the final run of this particular route organised by James. This being my second time on the route, I am still nonetheless amazed by his knowledge of the area which he put across to his audience effectively.



As we go about our daily lives, few of us stop to ponder over the significance of many things we see or do. We often take things for granted. Yet, time and tide waits for no man, and changes occur constantly. I felt great to be able to re-visit these little-known / taken-for-granted places in Singapore, knowing that they may just disappear forever over the next couple of years. James has really done a good job of researching into the history and interesting stories behind these places.



After all the "hard work" on the trails yesterday, today's ride allowed me an opportunity to "cool down" at a more leisurely pace. All the aches from the knocks taken on the trails were pretty evident when I woke up this morning but I am glad I rode today.

Total Distance: 70km approx.
Money spent: $1.80
Participants: LSH, SMBF cyclists

2 comments:

Richard said...

Yo! This is Richard here. I just realised who you were after you put up the pictures. Haha! I've been following your blog for quite a while after I read the posts of you doing the insane rides up north!

LSH said...

Hi Richard, it was real fun talking and cycling with you! Hope to see you for more rides in the future.