Wednesday, June 24, 2009

The Rain

It rained literally the whole of today. I decided that tights was the way to go in this weather and decided to cycle to Mount Faber. As expected, I was drenched within a short time, 30% by the rain and 70% by the water my tyres kicked up.

People shun places like Mount Faber when the weather is bad. No vehicle passed me on the way up. Near Jewel Box, a PUB utility truck overtook me. At the garden (on Faber's highest point), there were no Singaporeans, only a small group of Chinese tourists taking photographs. They soon left, leaving me to enjoy the silence and tranquillity of nature amidst the drizzle.



I discovered that my cornering traction was extremely poor. At a certain leaning angle, both tyres tended to skid outwards when the brakes were applied. After clocking tens of thousands kilometres of mileage on this pair, the cornering knobs had started to fall off and performance has deteriorated. I gingerly guided the bike off Mount Faber.

My next stop was along Orchard Road. I emptied my pocket of the fruit bar it had been carrying. The rain still did not stop. I headed home via Upper Thomson Road. Yay! - My first ride this week.

Total distance: 59.9km
Money spent: $0
Participants: LSH

No comments: