Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Shopping in JB

Dad is on off today hence we decided to cross the Straits to quell the boredom of doing nothing at home. We could not even decide where to go in Johor Bahru. I suggested Skudai Parade but the idea was dismissed. Finally, across the border, we decided to visit Carrefour.

I intended to buy a belt as I had passed mine to Bro who was in urgent need of one when he reported to OCS. After scouting F.O.S at City Square, we took a bus down to Carrefour. The durian season is here at last! There were stalls selling 3 medium-sized durians for a reasonable price of RM10 and the small durians went at 8 for RM10! I was so tempted...

School had re-opened in Malaysia, thus the hypermarket was rather free of people. We bought some stuff which we needed and I was really tempted to carry home a watermelon! Why? It cost RM0.89 =P I really wonder the cost price Carrefour procured them at.

Lunch was nasi briyani, as usual; we always have that when we visit Carrefour (along Jalan Tebrau) as it tastes good and is reasonably priced. Back at City Square, we checked out several stores but finally bought a belt at F.O.S. We totally forgot to get Mum's favourite bread from the bakery at the basement but I guess I will drop by some other day.

Back at Woodlands, I saw a damn cool trailer with Thai registration plates sporting Thai Ministry and ASEAN logos. It was basically a refrigerated vehicle transporting perishable goods all the way from Thailand. The driver is one hell of a drive away from home!

No comments: