Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Preparation for the Journey Home

This time yesterday, I was in JB with Dad. We were at Tesco and subsequently Tebrau City (Jusco hypermarket) shopping for necessities and utilising Dad's off. In a blink of an eye, I am in front of the computer, typing this entry as I make final preparations for arguably the longest backpacking expedition in my life yet, over four countries and estimated to take us twenty days to complete.

We will be setting off in the wee hours of 6 July, armed with just flight tickets to Ho Chi Minh and our essential gear. We have identified several major cities to stop-over and with a budget of S$600 per pax to last the entire trip, our plan should look something like this: Singapore - Ho Chi Minh - Phnom Penh - Siem Reap - Chanthaburi - Bangkok - Hat Yai - Ipoh - Gua Musang - KL - Singapore.

Right now, I am scanning through the packlist for items which I lack and my mind is ploring over possible loopholes in our plan and equipment. And how I can squeeze all my stuff into a 30l rucksack for a 3-week trip =P Perhaps, I shouldn't be worrying too much. We had gotten along fine and survived our previous adventures, so this shouldn't be an exception =P

Pack-list:
  • Passport / NRIC (photocopies)
  • Plane tickets
  • Cash
  • Mobile phone / camera with charger
  • Travel adaptor
  • Inner wallet
  • 3 shirts
  • 2 long pants
  • 2 shorts
  • 1 windbreaker
  • Belt
  • Towel
  • Socks
  • Disposable undergarment (at least 3 weeks)
  • Toiletries (shampoo, shower foam, shaver, toilet paper, toothbrush and toothpaste)
  • Masks and hand sanitisers
  • Shoes and sandals
  • Insect repellant
  • First aid kit (Mopiko, flu medicine, carbon tablets, plasters, alcohol swabs)
  • Notebook and pen
  • Maps
  • Compass
  • Shades
  • Swiss Army Knife
  • Toggle rope

No comments: