Thursday, August 20, 2009

First Post via HP ProBook 4310s

I finally sorted out the glitches when installing Adobe Creative Suite 4 Web Premium on the new notebook. Firewalls, user account control and even MSN all contributed to a host of problems which took me the whole evening and night to solve.

I installed CS3 first, expecting the software executable program of CS4 to detect the installed version and upgrade accordingly. Fat hope. I ended up with 2 versions of the Creative Suite installed. Well done - I had to uninstall one.

Transferring some essential files over to the notebook, I found the files to be corrupted. It took me some more time to trace the corruption to a faulty thumb drive - the new one we got at Welcome Day. Great. At least, on the bright side, some progress has been made. =)

No comments: