Saturday, August 29, 2009

Saturday Night Fever

I must have been running a fever. When Dad got home, I bugged him about tomorrow's early morning ride to Mount Faber. My request was met with a strong protest - the sign of laziness - that sleep is more important than keeping fit. Knowing very well that I had just returned from mountain biking earlier in the day, he jokingly suggested that we cycle at night instead, knowing that such a request would be turned down by the sane.

I lost my brain at that moment and agreed. Of course, he was very surprised but I was insistent on getting him on his bike. We set off at 7.30pm for the eastern loop, covering Seletar, Hougang, Pasir Ris, Changi, East Coast Park, Balestier, Thomson, Yishun and finally home.

The first "pit stop" was the main jetty of East Coast Park, the second at a toilet to refill our water bottles and the third at Balestier Food Centre where we had minced meat noodles. The meal was sumptuous and at that instant, I thought night cycling was very rewarding. We arrived safe and sound at our doorstep at 11.30pm.

I was very surprised at my mileage for this month. Now I have another 81.3km and probably a little more distance on Monday's ride to school.

Total distance: 81.3km
Money spent: $6.00
Participants: LSH, Dad

No comments: