Saturday, August 29, 2009

Rain and Mud!

It started pouring when we hit Butterfly. The trail was crowded with runners today as the training sessions for the North Face 100 were in full force. At certain points, I was riding right behind the runners but I wasn't moving much faster than them over the slippery roots and branches.

The rain added to the thrill. We were literally covered with mud when we emerged from the trails and headed to the zoo for a meal. I could feel the stares of the public around us. Ben and I took the Ulu Sembawang shortcut back to Woodlands where we split up for home.

I went to the fruits stall at the entrance of Sun Plaza, intending to get some fruits as requested by Mum. The uncle was very unfriendly and told me to get lost as I was "blocking" his way. Damn it, why do you think I would be looking at fruits? There went his chance of making a sale. Not all bikers are bad boys. Not all dirtied and muddied people do not intend to buy anything.

I had a hell of a time getting the mud off my bike and doing basic maintenance. I had reached home at noon and it was 2pm when I finished washing my soiled shoes and took a shower. Lunch was next and I pampered myself with a Milo Dinosaur. =)

This weekend marks the end of the third week of school. More or less settled in, I am struggling with the increasing workload. Tutorials after tutorials, there seem to be not enough time for revision. I am quite glad there were no lessons on Thursday as it gave me time to catch up with the syllabus. I hope next week will be an easy week (dream on).

Total distance: 20km (on-road), 18km (off-road)
Money spent: $0
Participants: LSH, Ben, Pan, Dexter, Jonathan

No comments: