Saturday, August 22, 2009

Mountain Biking T15, Scorpion (reverse), Butterfly

I believe today will be another occasion to remember. The curse of the Butterfly struck me once again - this time, I was out of the trail though!

This will arguably be the worst crash I ever had, simply because it was a frontal, face-first impact against a hard, man-made object. Without my helmet, I would have required medical attention and possibly a stitch or two.

On the plains heading towards T15, I had attempted to move onto a pavement from the grass at high speed. It was a stupid mistake (all fault lay with me) as I failed to clear the height difference, causing the side of my tyres to catch the edge of the path. The bike careened onto the path and I totally lost control of the skid. I found myself slamming into the fence of the PUB compound, face first. I thought I was done for. My visor got ripped off by the impact and lay dangling when the front of my helmet contacted the fence. The force pushed my shades off and I was glad the SAF really meant "heavy duty" and "shatter-proof" when I bought the shades last year.

I guess I have to contend with a dent in the helmet, bruises on my forehead and a slight headache for the time being! Not that my last finger is not giving me enough trouble... =P

Total distance: 21km (on-road), 19km (off-road)
Money spent: $0
Participants: LSH, Ben

No comments: