Saturday, August 15, 2009

Friday Night with Team Midpoint

Some say the ride was well-organised. Indeed, the turn-out was great (more than 20 riders I believe) and we were riding as a pack most of the time. The pace was also pretty leisure, even more so for the majority who were on road bikes.

From Changi Village to NSRCC, it was "OT OT" (own time, own target) and there was when the madness started. I was lucky enough to draft the second pack and we were cycling around 37-40km/h for that stretch. I think that took up most of my energy and my muscles started to ache in protest.

The section through East Coast Park was slow and steady, so was the ride down to Balestier. I was glad to have an egg tart, bean curd and grass jelly drink to replenish my diminishing strength. Julian and I left earlier and we parted ways at Marymount.

Alone, I faced the rolling gradient of Thomson Road and subsequently Sembawang Road. It was 1am at night. I started playing mind games with myself and kept a relatively high pace home.

Total distance: 86.9km
Money spent: $3.20
Participants: LSH, Team Midpoint

No comments: