Saturday, August 8, 2009

The Pekan Nanas - Kulai Loop

I only caught around three hours of sleep last night. I guess my adrenaline was pumping. We ran into a large group of road bikers at Woodlands and although we took separate routes, I had a feeling they were heading over the causeway too. Most, if not all, were carrying backpacks/water bags. Truth enough, we ran into them again but I didn't get a chance to enquire their destination.

There were hundreds of Singapore-registered cars heading out of the country. The jam was massive. Fortunately, the motorbike lane faced a much shorter queue. By the time we got over the border, it was already past 6am.

The ride to Pekan Nanas (45km away) took us a couple of hours this time round and we ate at the exact same stall I had eaten on my previous trip. Before we left the town for Kulai, we bought Ho Yan Hor herbal tea (12 packs with 2 promotional packs at RM9.50) from the Chinese medical hall there. Most notably, we took the wrong route (Kulai should be in the direction of Gunung Pulai) but the mistake was quickly rectified.



We reached the Tesco at Kulai at around 11am. I braved the stares of everyone in the hypermarket to purchase isotonic drinks and a french baguette! We then had lunch and started our ride home. By then, the weather was terribly hot. I was feeling quite sapped of energy as we pulled closer to the checkpoint.

We were home before 3pm. Great that we are home so early this time round. I need some rest before another gruelling session tomorrow!

Total distance: 130km
Money spent: RM35.88 (inclusive of shopping =P)
Participants: LSH, Dad

No comments: